Monday, March 2, 2015

SHE'S ALIVE AND HAPPY!
We finally heard from Taylor today!  Monday is her P-Day and so we were able to email back and forth for a little while!  She sounds like she is doing amazing!  Oh Happy Day!


Hola Familia!

I'm alive and happy! The first few days I felt like I was walking on clouds! I was so overwhelmed with the spirit and so incredibly happy! This is such a happy place! My first day was easily the longest day of my entire life. Actually this week has been the longest. Ever. Everyone kept saying "Wait until Sunday it gets better" but I wasn't sure if I would ever make it to Sunday! ha ha And today is P-Day which is the best day of the week for sure. I just woke up from an hour nap =) 

I wish I could put down everything that has happened but I really couldn't possibly sum up this week in one hour but I will do my best to answer everyone’s questions and let you know what is going on.

So my companion is Hermana Browning from Vancouver, Washington and she is the best! We get along so well I really couldn't have picked a better companion. The other girls in our district, who are also our roommates, are Hermana Webb from SLC and Hermana Thompson from Idaho. Our district has 4 hermanas and 6 elders. Our Zone adds another 4 elders and 4 hermanas. We all are one great big family. Seriously it is so incredibly nice to have such a great support system out here. The elders certainly look out for their little hermanas. They are like brothers. 
COMPANION HERMANA BROWNING
MTC ROOMIES!
DISTRICT = NEW FAMILY!
BRANCH PRESIDENT AND HIS WIFE
We have different teachers depending on the day. We spend most of the day in the class room studying. I've never worked so hard in my life, but it’s funny because I actually really enjoy the work! It’s interesting because I think I expected to have a teacher most of the time but really we only see a teacher for a few hours a day. So most of the work we do we have to do on our own and muster up the motivation to find time to do it. There is so much to do its insane! There aren’t enough hours in the day to do all we have to do but somehow we find a way to get it all done. 
On Friday we taught our first lesson in Spanish!! We had another lesson on Saturday and tomorrow morning we have a 45 minute lesson with a new investigator and a 25 lesson one with our original investigator. It’s hard to teach a lesson and have so much to say but you don't know the words in Spanish to get your point across. It’s frustrating but we are doing good! And we can teach lessons without using our notes or having to look down at our paper for Spanish vocab. The spirit is so strong even when we are speaking really broken Spanish. 

There are so many incredible devotionals here I wish I had time to tell you all about them. But if you ever get time or need a video to watch for FHE watch Character of Christ by David Bednar. We watched it last night and it’s my new favorite talk ever. 

I've been playing basketball lots! Don't worry I'm beating all the elders in Lightning. The food isn't good which is okay because then I'm fine to eat healthy because I know I'm not missing out on any good food. Oh and last night at our Sunday night devotional we sang a new version of Sisters in Zion/Armies of Helaman by Janice Kapp Perry. The lyrics were changed for missionaries and it’s so good! Mom, go look it up!

It’s been really cold and snowy and rainy. I wanted to take a picture of the cute little asians freaking out about the snow but I didn't want them to see me. haha they were so excited.

Thank you to everyone sending me mail and Dear Elders! It is so so so nice to get things from home. 
MY FIRST PACKAGE!
I really am so happy! Today it is sinking in that this is home now and I'm ok with that! I'm so busy but like I said I love the work. I wish I could tell you all more because there is so much more to share but I guess I will end with the thought I had yesterday.
The normal Taylor Moore could not do this. Could not be here working this hard, being away from home, learning a new language. But Hermana Moore can because I have Christ’s name on my chest and am set apart for this work.

Thanks for your prayers! I can certainly feel them.

I'll email you all again next week!    

FAIRFIELD JUNIOR HIGH FRIEND MICHELLE SKONNARD


No comments:

Post a Comment