Monday, March 9, 2015

CALLED TO BE A SISTER TRAINING LEADER!
OH AND...
BROKE THE "FREE THROW" RECORD IN THE GYM! :)

HERMANA BROWNING AND ME IN OUR DORM

Hello everyone!

I'm really struggling what to write because I feel like I do the same thing every day all week. So I've been trying to remember a few things that stood out.

First off THANK YOU Grandma for the package! And thank you everyone else for the letters!!
 
So our old investigator was "Marcos." And we committed him to baptism and set a date and everything! Obviously he is not really an investigator but we still were really excited! He progressed with us really well. So the day after we committed him to baptism we show up to class and he was the teacher! Ha! So now "Marcos" AKA Hermano Clarke is our teacher and he is probably the best teacher in the entire MTC. He seriously is incredible. He went on his mission in Paraguay, and got back last year and it is so obvious how much he loves this work. He really gets us excited about missionary work. 

We have a new investigator named Ivanleisse (I don't know how to pronounce it either) and it’s a long story but basically we had to put together a lesson on the spot. We literally had 60 seconds to decide what to teach her. It was rough. She wouldn't even look at us for a good 20 minutes. It’s frustrating but we meet with her again tomorrow and hopefully it goes a little better. 

I got called to be a Sister Training Leader this week! Yay! I'm really excited about that. They also gave me a little flip phone thing. I was actually kinda bummed because it's nice to not have to worry about a phone. I can only call the front desk and 911 but I thought that was kind of funny. 

Our Zone left this morning for Argentina. It was way sad to say goodbye to them but we get a new zone this week! We get to meet them Wednesday! They are all Elders! (Which is fine because these girls are started to drive me crazy a little bit, I prefer the Elders) hahaha. 
 
HERMANAS IN MY ZONE

Something exciting, yesterday before Relief Society we have some Music Devotional thing and in the middle of it 2 bats started flying around! Hahaha everyone was freaking out. 

My favorite Elder is Elder Tidwell from Oregon. He has made me laugh so hard I've been in tears. He reminds me of Rustyn a lot because he quotes The Office and Talladega Knights all day. He keeps me sane. I love my district so much. When I leave the MTC it'll be like saying goodbye to family all over again. I love these guys. 
 
"COMEDIAN" ELDER TIDWELL IN FRONT 
I've been struggling a little bit putting lessons together. My companion and I write our lessons in English and then as we give our lessons we translate it to Spanish. It’s hard because I don't feel like I am being super sincere because I am so worried about translating. But it's so cool because when I bare my Testimony I can feel the spirit so strong and the words just come and I feel 100% sincere with everything I say. I love it. It’s my favorite part about teaching. 

The language is coming along well and my companion and I are progressing pretty quick. I understand every word the teacher says now. My comprehension is good, it’s just the speaking part that I struggle with. 

I wish I could share all of the spiritual things I am learning but I certainly don't have time to type them all. Just know I am learning a lot and you all can look through my "spiritual notebook" when I return.

Fun little side note, in the Gym they have a bunch of records you can try to break and I've broken the free throw record a couple times, I just have to have a judge watch me then they will put me up on the wall =) Kinda cool. 

I meant to record my companion and me reciting the Missionary Purpose in Spanish this week but I'm just remembering now that we forgot to. I'll send one next week =) 

Anyways...Thanks again for all your letters! 

Love you all!

-Hermana Moore
THE HERMANAS IN CLASS

SUNDAY WALK WITH HERMANAS IN MY DISTRICT

No comments:

Post a Comment