Monday, May 30, 2016


 THE GIFT OF TONGUES IS REAL Y'ALL! 
WARD MEMORIAL DAY BREAKFAST
Family-

Transfers! I'm staying! Sister Evans is leaving! We are currently waiting for President’s email to find out where she is going and who is coming here. I'm super excited to stay here! This will be my last full transfer....:/ I dunno how to feel about that yet. 
 
HELPING WITH STAKE CONF INVITES
(NO! I HAVEN'T PLAYED AIR HOCKEY YET)

So let's see this past week…

Jarvis got baptized this week!!!
JARVIS BAPTISM
(MALACHI, AND SOME YM . ELDER BOGGESS (STRIPED TIE) IS FROM LAYTON)

Okay so cool story- Our zone leaders gave us a challenge a couple weeks ago to fast for an "experience" that we hadn't had so far on our missions. I fasted for the chance to find someone from "scratch" and see them be baptized. So for some reason it didn't actually occur to me until Jarvis stepping in the water THAT HE WAS MY ANSWER! The spirit lit a spark in me and it hit me all at once. We had found him just 3 weeks earlier, and now I was watching him be baptized! I'm not sure why it took me so long to figure out that that was my answer but it was a really powerful moment for me and I am so excited for Jarvis! Power of fasting! 

I ate my first Philippines (it took me so many times to spell that just now) meal of my life and holy moly folks they fed us a lot of food. We had 2 main course meals and 3 desserts....it was insane. Sister Evans and I were doing everything we could to keep from bursting into laughter because we couldn't believe how much food we were being given. And I ate mussels for my first..and last time. Haha But other than that it was good :) They kept saying "no no no in our culture when we cook you have to eat a lot, you’re not eating enough."  Haha oh dear

We had to bike this week. Hahahaha oh my gosh this area has so many hills. It takes us a good 2 miles just to get out of our neighborhood and it's just hill after hill after hill. In all honestly I had to do the hardest physical thing on my mission so far... We walked our bikes up the mother of all hills and I thought I was going to die. We were sweaty messes.  It was like the woman's pull round 2, except "humid-er" and we didn't get lunch afterwards. Haha

Anyways, we also did back to back exchanges this weekend. I had Sister Lawson and Quick with me here and then went with Spanish sisters and I went with Hermana Hudson! #BLESSED because I got to work in Spanish again and wear my Hermana name tag and ate food from Peru! I was a happy camper. I love Hermana Hudson. God truly has helped me maintain the language. I was able to dive right back in. Gift of tongues is real y'all. 
 
We set dates with our investigator's family this week! And they all came to church! The 7 year old LOVED primary. She didn't want to leave ha. Things are going well with them!

And last kinda random story-
The 1st counselor in the bishopric pulled us and a recent convert, Chiquita aside yesterday at church. He then extended a calling to Chiquita with activity days. Her face just lit up and she was so honored and excited. I'm not sure why he had us in there but I'm so glad he did. It was a really cool moment for me. To watch little things like this and see Gods kingdom being established bit by bit. To see a brand new member get a calling and just be absolutely thrilled about it. This ward is so extremely good about retaining new members and establishing the church here. 

In MLC we discussed "the vision" for the next 5-10 years and it's going to be amazing to look back years down the road and see how far the South has come. I'm eternally grateful for Heavenly Father letting me be a part of a sliver of it. 
 
ALL THE STL'S AT MLC

I'll finish with a quote that is hung by my study area
"Do I want to be happy? Forget myself and get lost in this great cause. Lend my efforts to helping people...stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, hold up the arms of those that hand down. LIVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ." -President Hinckley


Love y'all
Las quiero 

Hermana & Sister Moore


No comments:

Post a Comment