Monday, June 6, 2016

 WE'VE SET A GOAL TO HAVE A SPOONFUL OF ICE CREAM EVERY DAY! 
MY PERSIAN BFF!
So I have my new compy!

I LOVE SISTER KING. We immediately started picking out tons of things we love that are the same like Disney and ice cream and Zupas and the list goes on and on. Haha it's been so fun! She is from Sandy and has been out for 9 months. She spent her first 9 months in a itty bitty branch and so Pinnacle Mountain has been a whole new world! It was a little crazy for me to take over the area and train a new STL, I've wasted so many miles because this area is still confusing and I get lost going everywhere. But she really is amazing and so patient with me and we have had so much fun together already!
SISTER KING
 
TWINS!
We've set a goal to have a spoonful of ice cream every day. Haha Yesterday (Sunday) we had to hope for miracles because we knew if our dinner appointment didn't have ice cream then we wouldn't be having any...but they did! #soblesssed And we told them about our goal and let them knew we appreciated them "following the spirit" haha and then in the closing prayer the little boy prayed that we would be able to have ice cream every day. Haha
 
We had interviews with President this week. He had us stand and bare our testimony of the Savior to him. Amazing experience. The spirit filled the room and it was a powerful experience to look President in the eyes and bare witness of Christ. 
 
BRYANT SISTERS

Oh also my P-day will be Wednesday next week. Elder Arnold is coming for a mission tour on Monday and Tuesday. We have a truck load of things to study and have prepared for his arrival. Should be good! :)

Random fun stuff:
-Sister Wakolo came teaching with us!
-We watched Meet the Mormons with Ms Simmons
-I got to see Hermana Macfarlane! She is going to Memphis with Hermana Lewis! and Hermana Madsen is now in Little Rock:)
BABY MAC AND SISTER BROWN

-We get 8 new missionaries this week in the ALRM!
-Sister King can do an awesome "Stitch" voice from "Lilo and Stitch" 
-We found this facility that homes women who are overcoming addictions. We've had some really cool conversations and hope to start teaching a bunch of them! 
 -Our investigator and her family are going out of town for a week...makes us a little nervous :/ Our other investigator is still chugging along as well. I think Sister King will be the magic touch that she needs. 
-We have loads of potentials we are trying to get in contact with right now. Sister King and I are both fast paced and it's been a busy few days :) 

Highlight story of the week:

15 months in, visiting less actives isn't anything new. But with each area I've found a certain less active family that I immediately connect with. Often they aren't people that necessarily "return" but I feel a direct pull with certain families. This week we were visiting a less active family and they brought up to us right at the get go that they hadn't been consistent in church attendance. We asked them why. They didn't want to go into details in front of their kids. Without knowing the concern I just began to testify and fight for this family. I got emotional and felt a small glimpse of God's love for them as words just flowed from my mouth. I would do anything for this family to return and enjoy the blessings of the gospel. I am grateful for these moments when I truly feel like God's literal instrument in rescuing His lost sheep. 
 
SISTER EVANS AND MENDICINO

I LOVE MY MISSION 

Love y'all
Las quiero (yes I still know Spanish ;) 
Sismana Moore 
SAYING GOODBYE TO SISTER EVANS

No comments:

Post a Comment