Monday, April 18, 2016

"SI DIOS QUIERE"
("IF GOD WANTS")

WE DID SPANISH STUDY OVER THE PHONE WITH ALL THE HERMANAS
 
Soo... I’m leaving Memphis branch. I got a call from President and had a quick interview over the phone and was extended the call to be a sister training leader again.. In English!  It definitely came as a surprise!  I am sad to leave the people here who I love already and I shed a few tears because I really don't want to leave the Spanish culture. I love it and I felt my language skills have come a long way this last transfer. 
FHE WITH THE TREJOS
But I'm also excited for a new adventure and know it's where God needs me! I will be serving in the Little Rock zone with Sister Evans. I'm super excited to be with her!! The ward I will be serving in is Presidents Ward, so I'm also excited to serve closer to "home base." If I were to choose any STL area to be in it definitely would have been Little Rock! So I'm excited! I leave Wednesday morning bright and early to head to a meeting in Little Rock and then right after go to my new home! Back to Arkansas side! I'll now be Sister Moore. Hermana Lewis will be replacing me here in Memphis! 
WE SAID GOODBYE TO ELIZABETH-SHE MOVED TO TEXAS
BEFORE SHE LEFT, SHE MADE US A CAKE! WE LOVE HER! 
A funny expression that the Hispanic culture uses all too often is "si Dios Quiere" which means "if God wants..." So we would extend a commitment to come to church and their response is..."si Dios quiere..." -_- our automatic response is something along the lines of "Si Hermanos DIOS QUIERE"  "I testify as sure as I'm sitting here in front of you that God wants you to come to church this Sunday!!!"  Oh man it just absolutely kills us. Ironically after getting the news of transfers the first thing that came to mind was "Dios Quiere" It's comforting that I know what President says is from God and I know it's what God wants. 
TEMPLE ACTIVITY WITH THE SPANISH BRANCH

Looking back on the transfer I feel like it was incredibly successful. We worked our hearts out here. I saw a lot of growth in the language and in myself and especially in the branch. If I didn't love the Hispanic culture before, I definitely do now. I’m so so grateful God gave me 6 amazing weeks here with Hermana Madsen in the Memphis branch. 

 
BROTHER BENITEZ (BRANCH MISSION LEADER)

Random updates -
We got Tiwis this week- the little device they put in cars to monitor our driving.. 3 strikes and we lose our driving privileges. Yeeee haha 
We had dinner with the Lopez's who live in the cutest neighborhood right along the Mississippi River. The part where we live in Memphis is pretty ghetto. So it was fun to drive around the big city and different parts of Memphis! 
KATIE AND AUTUMN CAME TO MEMPHIS! Elder Butler (who is in my district) baptized Katie. And he leaves this week so Katie came to say goodbye and I got to see her!!!!!:) :) Oh man I was a happy camper. 
KATIE
Lesson with Cristian. I LOVE teaching people who don't know anything about Christ. As we simply testified of who Christ is his smile just got bigger and bigger and he told us he feels so good but he can't even explain the feelings! Oh man those experiences are the sweetest. 

Tender mercies-

We had exchanges and I stayed in the area. The night before a lot of our appointments canceled and I was worried how the day would go. I prayed and prayed that things would work out and we would be able to effectively fill the day. Even more difficult was that my companion didn't speak Spanish, so I had to teach alone. Prayers were definitely answered. We taught ALL DAY. All were incredible lessons. I felt like I had extra angels with me helping me teach. They were the most powerful lessons I had all week. Amazing day. Little prayers make big results. 
ENGLISH SISTER TRAINING LEADERS
SISTER BRYCE AND SANDERS
Before transfers I always pray that I will be able to accept whatever happens. And I've definitely felt the answer to that prayer. I feel at peace and ready to take on another transfer in a new area. 
Also an answer to a prayer came through a talk given at church. He shared a story given in a devotional by Randall L Ridd. It's a story of a man who planted a seed in a place where it got a lot of sunlight and another where it only got occasional sunlight. After a year there wasn't s big difference. He then was called to be a mission president and when he returned 3 years later he found that the seed planted in the sun had flourished and the difference was obvious. He said:

"The same thing happens in our lives as we expose ourselves each day to the source of all light. We may not notice an immediate change, but be assured that a change is happening inside you, and the results will be apparent in time.
This simple idea of the compounding effect of daily disciplines, with purpose and real intent, can make a big difference in all areas of your life. It can mean the difference between struggling through an ordinary life or being immensely successful and filling the measure of your creation."

The source of all light is Christ. He has the power to transform us and help us grow past what we ever thought possible. We may not notice it now, but as we follow Him, His light and power will refine us and prepare us for our heavenly home. :) 

I love having his name on my heart, English or Spanish ;) 

Love y'all 
Les quiero  

PS - For those who won't stop pestering me about my release date (Dad, Mom and Carson) it's August 16. Don't ask anymore :) 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment