Monday, April 6, 2015

I AM EXTREMELY SAD TO LEAVE THIS AMAZING PLACE!
BUT I'M READY TO GET STARTED ON THE WORK OUT IN THE FIELD!

LAST PICTURE OF OUR DISTRICT. THE ELDERS WALKED US TO OUR BUILDING AND WE ALL SHOOK HANDS GOODBYE! =(

Man I have so much to say this week. I will try to get all the good stuff down=)

So I've already explained to you all how much I love choir here and how amazing the teacher is. I sang my last choir song on Tuesday at the devotional. We sang "Did You Think to Pray?" And because the teacher is so amazing he brought this song to life for us. He gave us a few minutes to think of a time when we needed God and asked for help and He came running. I had a hard time remembering one specific incident that stood out so I said a prayer and asked to help me remember an experience so this song could have power as I sang. Immediately after, I remembered when Rus fell of his skateboard and ended up getting surgery. It was a really scary night. I remember mom taking him to the hospital thinking it was just a concussion, and it quickly turned into him being rushed to a different hospital for surgery. That night I was home alone with Kam, I had just seen Rus at Davis County hospital and he looked really bad. It was scary to see him like that. I knew my dad was rushing to get to Utah from Jackson and my mom was handling all the information about her son having bleeding in his brain alone. Before I went to bed that night I prayed and asked for comfort for me and my family. I asked that my dad would make it safely to Salt Lake, I prayed that my mom would be okay and be able to remain calm and I prayed for Rustyn to be okay and for his surgery to go well. After I prayed I felt at peace and was able to sleep. But even cooler than that He answered every single thing I asked in my prayer. I received comfort, my dad made it safely, my mom was okay, and Rustyn's surgery went well and he fully recovered. I felt the spirit so strongly as I recalled this memory and it was an incredible experience to sing this song with a group of missionaries while thinking of this time that I needed help and God came running. Here is what I wrote down in my journal right before performing this song. 

"I feel at complete peace. The spirit is so strong. I love this gospel, I love this work, I love being at the MTC, and I love being a missionary. I really love choir. I've been uneasy about things tonight but I am reminded that God is here with me. I feel so content and so excited to declare this gospel."

So Hermana Browning and I were selected to assist in the skits they put on for the newcomers on Wednesday. They have investigators come and let the new missionaries learn how to teach them. We were the example missionaries who kind of get the discussion going and to basically be an example on how to do a door approach. At first we thought it was lame, but come to find out only a few set of companions were selected and we were one of the few! Pretty cool! It turned out to be a good learning experience for us. It was hard to teach an investigator in English though. Ha that was the first time we've been able to use English with an investigator. Also one of the Elders from The District movies was our guide. That’s as close to a celebrity as you'll ever get here in the MTC. My comp and I were fan girling a little bit. hahaha

It was the best timing EVER to have General Conference AND Easter all in one weekend right before leaving for the field. It couldn't have worked out any more perfect. I could go on and on about how INCREDIBLE Conference was but you all already know and I will just point out some of the highlights for me. First off I've never been genuinely excited for Conference but it was like Christmas here! I couldn't wait for Conference! 

D&C 128:23  Here is great Easter Scripture for you all!

So since I'm a pro at "inviting" I'd like to invite ALL OF YOU I don't care who you are, what you believe in or how busy you are, GO WATCH JEFFREY R HOLLANDS TALK. RIGHT NOW! Please! You won't regret it! He speaks with such power, you could have heard a pin drop in the auditorium his entire talk because every missionary in that room was glued on the screen and listening to every word he said. Don't we all wanna be him when we grow up? I sure do! Please go rewatch his talk, don't read it, watch it! 

The second highlight for me was when the congregation stood up and sang "I know that my redeemer lives." There is nothing like standing next to missionaries from all over the world and singing together about our testimonies of the Savior. It was so powerful. 

Vocal Point came and performed for us last night. I had never heard of them before, but I guess they are a popular BYU group that sing acapella. They reminded me of Pitch Perfect haha They figured since we had sat and listened to speakers all weekend that we wouldn't want to have a normal Sunday devotional so they had them come. (side note: one of them was named Parker and I swear he was the Parker that was in High School Musical with Jessica in High School. Jenn do you know??)

I said goodbye to my district last night. 6 of them left this morning at 3:30. I have to admit that it was just as hard to say goodbye to them as it was to family. We are together 24/7 LITERALLY.  We all received blessings, bore our testimonies, said our "Missionary Purpose" together, and knelt in prayer for the final time. There is something so incredibly powerful about a group of elders gathered around giving a blessing. For such young men to carry the power of God is absolutely incredible. My testimony of the Priesthood strengthened so much. I wish you all could have been there to feel the spirit in our classroom last night. It was an unforgettable night. 
 
THIS WAS ALL THAT WAS LEFT OF MY DISTRICT. WE DID SEALINGS TOGETHER!

Thank you Carrie Ovard, Angela Evans and activity day girls, Grandma and Laci for packages this week! They make me so happy!

I leave early in the morning tomorrow at 3:30! Oh boy! I'm already about done packing, and although I am extremely sad to leave this amazing place I'm ready to get started on the work out in the field. 

I was worried I would hate the MTC but it turned out to be the time of my life! I will miss BYU Ice cream on Sundays, getting in trouble for referring to a group of Sisters as "girls", Sunday temple walks with my District, eating gross sack lunches on the picnic tables, and swiping my card whenever I need to get into a building. Haha MTC life is great. I'll never be with this many Missionaries at one time ever again. It's really such a sacred place and unique experience. 

Love you all
Hasta Luego
 HERMANO MEEK AND CLARK (BLOND ONE)
Ahh Clark is so incredible. I wish you could meet him. He has taught me so much. I can't really put into words how great he is. All the teachers are amazing but they don't teach the way he can.
HERMANO ROWLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment