Monday, March 28, 2016

Y'ALL PUMPED FOR CONFERENCE OR WHAT?? Put it in your plans folks.
 
We set some dates this week! The Martinez family is still the best! 
MARTINEZ FAMILY
We also were contacting an old investigator, turned out to be the elder's recent converts. We were teaching her and her granddaughters joined in and in the middle of 3 Nephi 18 we invited them to be baptized and they accepted! We knocked on another guy's door. He showed a lot of interest and has been searching for a church. Door step dates are so cool! We reached standard of excellence this week "otra vez"! The work is going really good here in Memphis. God is magnifying our efforts. 

So recall back to last summer when Sister Lewis and I pulled a prank on elder Contreras and Elder Dyorich and gave them a referral to a tombstone? Good times right?:) Well Elder Contreras is in my district again...he and Elder Peterson gave us a referral. We thought nothing of it, they told us this guy was super cool and that there was a lot of potential, so after church we went out to go find this "Carlos Rodriguez" who is "super elect". We realized that he lived in the same apartment complex as the other set of elders. So we called them to open the gate for us. They played it off like nothing and we start searching for the apartment. Funny thing is we couldn't find it and ended up knocking a few different doors and left cards.  We went back to the car and started driving away when finally we found the right address....And it was the elder’s apartment -_- haha Chamacos. 

Culture fun-
The Hispanic culture is so giving and kind. Most always they won't let us leave without offering us food, water, and fruit. They all have fruit baskets. I don't know where this comes from, but even with investigators, after knowing them for 5 minutes they offer us their fruit. Haha I love it. They always, always, always want to feed us. Always. They also will tell us that they want us to get fatter.  90% of the meals they feed us are tortillas, beans, rice with some sort of meat, usually chicken. Wednesday our dinner canceled and my body was having withdrawals. I was craving tortillas so bad. I love Mexican food. 
KELLY, JOSELYN AND VANESSA

Always they are always, always, always late. Always. If the activity is supposed to start at 5:30 it will start around 6:30-7:00. We caught a ride to the Easter activity with members. We were supposed to leave at 9:30 so we met them at their house at 9:25.  Their door was open so we walked in and they all still were asleep... Haha Hermana Moore still loves being on time though, that hasn't changed. They can make me fatter but they will not change my mind about that one. They will talk and talk and talk and talk some more. And they love talking about Jesus. Which is awesome. 
 
KELLY

We went to the store with the Tirados before the Easter activity and we taught Kelly how to give out cards to people. Haha it was so cute. She was so nervous so we role played and I had her say a prayer in her heart. We saw a family walking towards us and I pushed her towards them and she did it! Kelly is my little bud. She and her family came teaching with us Sunday too. Awesome fam. 

We had women's conference! The Campos came! MIRACLES!! The branch took them in like champs. We ate dinner at the church and watched the conference. The part that has stuck with me the most was removing the mirror in front of us and replacing it with a window. It is impossible to follow the example of Jesus Christ when I am too worried about myself. 
 
WOMEN'S CONFERENCE WITH THE BRANCH

During a blitz at specialized I met a guy who played football for Air Force. He had played with some Mormons and remembers playing BYU. He wouldn't accept our card at first. He had been at the BOM play last week and didn't accept one then either. By the end of our long conversation about football he had a lot of good things to say about his Mormon friends, and accepted our card and wanted to watch the link to the Easter video. 

My favorite "Easter" scripture is Alma 7:11-13
12. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

Elder Holland defines succor as "to run to." I know that I have felt in my hardest days Him "run to me." I know the Atonement is real. I have felt and continue to feel the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ every day. I've seen it change lives, including my own. The bible and the Book of Mormon combined are powerful testimonies of what the Atonement means and how we can access it. I'm grateful for the gospel, I know it's true.
#blessed because missionary life is the best life :)

Love y'all
Les quiero 

P.S. Mom!! I found a BOM that had your testimony in it!! Miracles!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment