Tuesday, October 27, 2015

WE LOVE FALL!!!

This week in review:

Zach, CJ, and Chase were baptized! We had the most ward support we've ever had at a baptism. They've already made friends in the ward and they all came, along with their Sunday School teachers and Primary/Young Men leaders. The boy’s parents, grandparents and Jaiden came! (Jaiden is the older sister; she didn't feel ready to be baptized yet so we are going to keep working with her) But everything just went so well. The boys came to all 3 hours of church which was perfect because it was the primary program so afterwards the kids watched a movie and ate popcorn. haha Their father is agnostic, but he has been super cool with us. He likes that we are teaching his kids and lets them choose what they want to believe. But a couple nights before the baptism I was thinking about something we could do that could help soften his heart and the idea popped into my head that we should do a musical number "A Child's Prayer" at the baptism. So without any practice we rounded all the kids up who attended the baptism and had them sing with us. AND IT WAS SO COOL. The parents seated started joining in and the spirit was so strong. Primary songs are so powerful. 

Basically this baptism couldn't have gone any smoother. The Bragg family knows the love that this ward has for their kids, and now these sweet little boys are the newest members of the Russellville first ward! Also the Bragg family showed us the whip and nay nay dance, so now we aren't in the dark about that anymore. haha 

Last P-Day we went and watched Jaiden play in her volleyball game! And oh my goodness it made me miss basketball so much! And I need one of y’all to do me a favor-Whenever we tell people that Sister Lewis and I used to play against each other in High School they always ask "Who won?" And we both say "I did!" Poor Hermana Lewis is sorely mistaken. So can someone send me the scores so we can put this nonsense to rest?

Daniela and Jamie mentioned waiting to go through the Salt Lake Temple until both of us are home from our missions so we can go with them and watch them be sealed. AHHHHHHHH!!!! =)

The 40 day fast is going well! I think the hardest for me has been no naps during meals :/ I miss those. 

Our teaching pool continues to grow! We are doing a lot of sifting to find the elect so we can narrow down who is ready right now for baptism. It was nice to have an entire week in our area! 

Mainly what I learned this week is I am nothing. I certainly haven't done anything to deserve the blessings that are constantly showered down. Even just the baptism going so well-it all was just too good to be true honestly. 

I know God is real. And I know His son is our Savior Jesus Christ because I feel them and I see their hands in my life every day. I can't deny that. Going back to the song "A Childs Prayer" one of my favorite lines is "Father in prayer I'm coming now to thee" I love that I can be connected with Heaven whenever I want. I know prayer is real. I see answered prayers every day. 
I'm just happy. Even on the bad days. 

Love y’all
Les Quiero 
A SISTER IN CONWAY SNAPPED A PIC OF US PRAYING. HAHA

MISSION LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE

HERMANA SIPPLE WENT HOME BECAUSE OF BACK ISSUES :(

 SISTER ARCE AND I HAD UNPLANNED MATCHING DAY :)

 
 ELDER ASAY IS ONE OF THE OFFICE LEADERS AND HE LEAVES NEXT TRANSFER

THANK YOU ZACH AND PAULA FOR THIS NECKLACE!

  

WE FOUND OUT THIS WEEK THAT PHOTO BOOTH IS AGAINST THE RULES SO YOU WON'T BE SEEING ANYMORE OF THESE, BUT WE SURE GOT SOME GOOD LAUGHS OUT OF IT. I HAVE SOME AWESOME VOICES I CAN MAKE WITH THESE PICS TOO. (GOONIES GUY AND MOUSE)

No comments:

Post a Comment