Monday, October 12, 2015

FIND YOUR RAINBOWS THIS WEEK!!!
BREECE'S BAPTISM

Well the highlight of the week was definitely BREECE'S BAPTISM! YEE! I don't think I mentioned this before but not only is Breece the cutest little 11 year old ever, she also holds the world record for the dead lift in her age category. She dead lifted 145 a couple weeks ago at a competition. She is a little rock star.  Her mom dead lifts 500 and is like top 5 in the world in weight lifting…So this family is super sweet. Breece's grandma referred us to her a couple weeks ago, so that’s how we found her. But the baptism went well! We had a good turnout, and the Brag family boys came to church and her baptism and even invited a friend too! Now they are even more excited for their baptisms! 
 
Jeanie- have I mentioned her before? She is currently going through her last round of chemo for her cancer. She was a member referral. Sweetest lady. It has been hard to see her lately because she doesn't feel good very often, but we finally were able to see her this week and it was miracles on miracles. We taught her the Restoration, and throughout the entire lesson she just seemed super excited about it all! When we started getting into the Book of Mormon she stopped us, and started thumbing through her book case and pulls a Book of Mormon out! She said years ago she had a pen pal that sent her a Book of Mormon and she had started reading it! How crazy! We tried to set a date with her and she told us she wants to choose her own date, and it won't be until after she reads the book. =) Yay for pen pals who plant seeds! 

Cute little story about Jeanie-she always talks about "looking for the rainbows in each day." Which shows just how much faith she has since her circumstances are incredibly difficult right now. Before we leave she tells us "y’all were a rainbow today!" So I've been applying this wise council and looking for the rainbows. 

It reminded me of President Uchdorfs talk he said:

"There is enough that doesn’t go right in life, so anyone can work themselves into a puddle of pessimism and a mess of melancholy. But I know people who, even when things don’t work out, focus on the wonders and miracles of life. These folks are the happiest people I know.
God didn’t design us to be sad. He created us to have joy! So if we trust Him, He will help us to notice the good, bright, hopeful things of life. And sure enough, the world will become brighter.
I discovered faith. And faith led to hope. And faith and hope gave me confidence that one day everything would make sense, that because of the Savior, all the wrongs would be made right. After that, I saw that the path before me wasn’t as dreary and dusty as I had thought. I began to notice the bright blues, the verdant greens, and the fiery reds, and I decided I had a choice--I could hang my head and drag my feet on the dusty road of self-pity, or I could have a little faith, put on a bright dress, slip on my dancing shoes, and skip down the path of life, singing as I went."

I love this. I know God gives me rainbows even in the bad days and it's my choice to seek for them. A little faith goes a long way :) 

My rainbows this week: 

-We had exchanges with Little Rock, which resulted in us using a crap ton of miles so we biked the last half of this week. I've been checking the weather for the last couple weeks wanting rain and being super disappointed when it kept saying 0% change of rain. And our first day of bike week we wake up to rain! haha it was such a blessing! Finally I got to be out in the rain that I had been praying for! =) 
-Zone Meeting! Everyone is pumped with the focuses we have for the next few months! Our new zone leaders are sweet too. We have a #dreamteam zone. 
(THESE ARE ALL THE OLD MEN THAT LEAVE THE NEXT TRANSFER!)
-Exchanges- cute Hermana Bennett came to Russellville with me, and we were at correlation, and both the ward and branch are always there Wednesday for meetings and activities so it was bumpin and Hermana Bennett said "Wow this place is like Disneyland there are tons of people here and everyone wants to feed you!" Russellville =promised land

(ROLE PLAYING DURING EXCHANGES WITH HERMANA BENNETT)

-We had a party with the Spanish Branch Saturday night- that’s why I love this branch and this culture-they just party for no reason at all, I love it! haha we ate tons of yummy Mexican food and played soccer. I've said this a million times but they are my family. They are like aunts and uncles and cousins and heaven knows it’s gonna be a bad few weeks when I get ripped away from my home here.  Also I scored the winning goal so #halflatino now. ;)
(SPORT'S NIGHT)
-Also a Spanish family brought their new neighbors to this activity. And they want us to teach them the lessons...and before we even could ask they told us "yea we want to investigate your church" so that was a nice little rainbow as well =) 

-We taught relief society how to use preach my gospel with their less active visiting teaching assignments #everymemberamish ;) 

-On Friday night we went to bed at 9:45 #blessed. Those 45 extra minutes did wonders. 

-My companion keeps me laughing always.
(WE WANNA TO BE COMPS FOREVER)

-I get to wear Christ’s name over my heart everyday and that's still the best thing ever. 
  
This upcoming week we are going to spend a whopping 2 days in our area. The rest we will be in Memphis, Little Rock and Monticello. So we are really relying on the big guy upstairs to take care of our gators. 

I'm currently about to cook something for the first time since I slit my thumb in half so Heaven knows I should get going so I can focus. haha Today we are making yummy fall food and are going to have a play day with the Danville Hermanas! 
And that trumps all this typing business. 

Find your rainbows this week!

Love y’all 

Te quiero  

 FUN FALL DAY!
(LEWIS'S FAM HAS A TRADITION TO PICK PUMPKINS AND EAT DONUTS AND DRINK CIDER SO WE HAD TO LIVE ON THE FAM TRADITIONS OUT HERE!)



No comments:

Post a Comment