Wednesday, June 17, 2015

"IF YOU CAN'T BE A NEPHI, BE A SAM!"

Pits n peaches of the week.

Peach: We went on exchanges this week and I drove for the first time since February! A little terrifying I'll be honest but it felt good to finally drive again! (And not have to be the backer for a day;)

Pit: We locked the keys in the car Saturday night. And I left the light on in the car. So we had to call the elders and they broke into the car for us. Dumb sisters. The poor elders always have to help us with dumb things like that. ha ha

Peach: 6 INVESTIGATORS TO CHURCH THIS SUNDAY!

Peach: I spent $2 on 3 shirts at a yard sale in preparation for....

Pit: ... Bike week. Heaven help us.

Peach: We taught a drug dealer how to pray and he loves "tha sistas" ha ha

Peach: The Spanish elders had a baptism Saturday!
OMAR'S BAPTISM!
Peach: I understand Spanish a million times better now!

Pit: I just can't speak it as well as I can understand it.

Peach: We had sports night outside this week and played soccer. We bring investigators and everyone just gets along so well and we have so much fun. I know it doesn't sound that exciting but it really is a blast.

Pit: We sleep with 19283849 fruit flies. We've spent a ridiculous amount of time killing flies in our apartment this week.

Peach: We got together with the whole mish on Friday with Elder Kopischke! One of the coolest meetings I've had on my mish so far. More on him later.



Pit: I'm having too much fun, and so I have a feeling I’ll be getting transferred this transfer. Really though, I'm so in love with Lewis and Russellville.
WE MATCHED SO WE HAD TO TAKE A CHEESY PIC!
Peach: My comp during exchanges was an English sister so I had to do Spanish lessons on my own. I wasn't sure how well they'd go but I totally could do it! Gift of Tongues <--- yep that's real!

EXCHANGES WITH SISTER TRAINING LEADERS (MASON'S GIRLFRIEND, SISTER ARCE)
Pit: My legs are one big bug bite.

Peach: If all goes according to plan we will have 3 baptisms by the end of the month:)

Another Peach: I had dinner last night with a guy that looked like Si Robertson’s twin from duck dynasty. I was too nervous to ask for a picture so next time I'll have to!

So I wanna share a little about what happened at the training with Elder Kopischke. The whole mission was together again! He started off with a spiritual thought about coming ready to learn and letting the spirit teach us. Then he had us right down questions that we had about anything. And he promised us that by the end of the training we would
have answers. And oh man was he right. This training was from 10:00-4:00 so we were bracing ourselves for a long day but it didn't feel that long because it was so cool and we learned so much! (They also fed us Jimmy Johns for lunch, that helped too) ha ha no but really it was such a great day and I got an answer to everyone of my questions.
So on to what he taught us: he didn't come with an agenda at all. He demonstrated what it says in D&C 84:8111:21 and 100:5 As missionaries we have to apply this a ton. We have to obtain all the knowledge we can and when we need it in a lesson or to answer
someone's question the spirit will bring it back to remembrance.  So he opened it all up to us and asked for questions we had about anything and said he would answer it the best he could. All sorts of questions were being asked and he gave perfect answers! The spirit was definitely the teacher and I certainly learned a ton! Here were some
of my favorites:

The opposite of the power of God is the form of God. Nephi, Sam, Laman and Lemuel were the first missionary district! Ha ha, how funny is that! They all were called on a mission, all of them went, except one companionship had the power of God while the other only had the form. Laman and Lemuel weren't wicked at first, they still agreed to go on the mission but eventually they became wicked because they denied the power of God.

One of my favorite lines he gave us was "If you can't be a Nephi, be a Sam." Ha ha I love it and I love this comparison. I don't want to be a form of a missionary I want to be a powerful one.

Also we talked a lot about the sacrament. It's easy to overlook the importance of this repetitive ordinance, but really how cool is it that we get to perform this ordinance over and over again! Baptism, endowments, sealings we only do once for ourselves but the sacrament we get to do every week FOR OURSELVES! We are so lucky it's repetitive! To be able to personally show our commitment to ALWAYS REMEMBER Him. Also we talked a little bit about people who fall away from the church. He asked why we think people fall away? Because they forget. And how do we help them not forget? By helping them REMEMBER. And how we remember... Sacrament! We have a weekly opportunity to REMEMBER our Savior to REMEMBER our covenants we made to REMEMBER what Christ did for us, to REMEMBER the blessings and miracles we've seen in our lives. So if we aren't taking the sacrament every week then eventually we will forget and fall away.  Helaman 5

Gosh dang I wish I could just tell you all about the notes I took! It was so cool but one final thing that I loved he said "Everyone will see the face of God, but only some will stay." And it all boils down
to the choices we make every day. Whether we choose to forget or choose to remember. It's completely up to us.

Love y’all
Wish us luck on bike week.
WE CELEBRATED THANKSGIVING LAST WEEK...HAHA! WH HAD TO MIX IT UP A LITTLE BIT. WE USED THE MICROWAVE FOR EVERYTHING, BUT IT ACTUALLY WAS SUPER GOOD =)



MADDY!
SHE GET'S BAPTIZED THURSDAY! SHE WAS AT SPORT'S NIGHT WITH US AND THE BALL GOT KICKED IN HER FACE SO SHE HAS AN EYE PATCH FOR A WHILE! THE ELDER WHO KICKED THE BALL IS ALSO THE ELDER WHO WILL BE BAPTIZING HER. HAHA KINDA FUNNY!


No comments:

Post a Comment