Tuesday, August 9, 2016

WHAT AM I GOING TO MISS ABOUT BEING A MISSIONARY?
EVERYTHING!!!
SISTER DAVIS

I had my final walk week. We didn't know we were going to be on walk week so it was a bit of a surprise. Luckily the members are amazing and some days we were bounced car to car and didn't have to walk, and other days we walked a TON. But it was still a real good week! 
WALK WEEK!

We are starting to work with a part member family. The dad came to church yesterday for the first time in 2 years! We are going to start working with his sons. 

I gave my departing testimony at zone meeting. I'm grateful I get to "die" in North Little Rock zone because this is where I was "born." I also got to bare my testimony during testimony meeting for my last time as a missionary. I'm still incredible numb to everything. It really hasn't hit me yet that I'm really going home. 
 
SISTER EVANS -LAST ZONE MEETING

Sister Peterson and I had a real good lesson with a Spanish family this week!  They were talking among themselves, and got going on a certain topic. We were kind of losing control of the lesson (they love to talk) and I sort of interrupted, introduced Joseph Smith and recited the first vision. The lesson changed immediately and the spirit became so strong. All their eyes were glued to the picture of Joseph Smith in the pamphlet. Their hearts were softened and they all wanted us to come back to continue teaching. I love how the spirit can command attention like that. We are going to teach the restoration as many times as possible this week! It's my favorite lesson to teach. 

Right after this lesson we get a call from an unknown number. All I hear is "Sister Moore...? It's Amber!" Ahhhh she was close to Morrilton and she and Jake and ELLOWYN came to see me!! I finally got to meet Ellowyn! I LOVE AMBER SO MUCH! Coolest thing ever. She found out that she has an aunt who is Mormon! She wants to go through with her for both of them to get endowments this fall! I don't have words for how happy I was that I got to see them before I leave!
AMBER, JAKE AND ELLOWYN

The elders had a baptism this weekend of the dad of a part member family! Yay! He bore his testimony yesterday. It was the cutest thing all he said was "well I'm excited to be baptized. I feel really good. And I know this is the true church. Amen"  

I wish it were possible to make a list of all the things I've learned on my mission. However, I do want to share one thing that I have come to better understand since being a missionary. The ability and gift given from our Savior to REPENT and CHANGE. 
 
EXCHANGES IN CONWAY WITH SISTER SKORDAS AND TAYLOR 

PMG says "Our faith in Christ and our love for Him lead us to repent, or to change our thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors that are not in harmony with His will...Bringing our lives in line with God’s will through repentance is a central purpose of our lives. 
4th missionary : "to believe that weaknesses and deficiencies in your character are unchangeable is to reject the central truth of the plan of salvation" 

The power of the Atonement enables me to become more like my Savior through repentance.  To get rid of "barnacles" as President calls them, and to move forward each day being a little better than yesterday. To be on my knees and plead for help and then get up and actually make the change! 

I think a great example of this is Alma the Elder. He was a priest for wicked King Noah. He heard Abinidi's words and believed them!  He recognized King Noah was wicked and wrong. 
I tried putting myself in Alma's shoes and it helped me realize how much easier it would have been for him to repent in prayer, but excuse any sort of actual change because it would put his life at risk, it would be incredibly inconvenient to leave his old life, job and friends and maybe it seemed like his circumstances just would allow the change to happen. Fortunately that's not what happened, he made the difficult and inconvenient changes, and completely repented. 
Instead, he stood up for Abinidi and begged King Noah to spare his life, which in return put Alma's life in danger. Alma fled and starting teaching to others the very doctrines that Abinidi taught that completely contradicted everything about his past beliefs and past behaviors. He baptized hundreds of his followers. He eventually was given authority and organized God’s church. He raised a righteous posterity, named Alma the Younger, who became one of the greatest missionaries to ever live! 

THAT is what it means to repent and change. To give up the old life, no matter how comfortable we are there and to take on the new. To change our behaviors, thoughts and actions completely. 

And I can certainly testify that those changes feel so good! I feel so connected with the Savior as I use His Atonement to become more like Him. 
 
My favorite scripture is in 3 Nephi 11:15-17 

Although I don't have the opportunity right now to feel or see his wounds, I can still have a personal and powerful testimony of the atonement of Jesus Christ. I have felt its power and seen it change my life and the lives around me over and over again. 

Excited to see y'all:) 


Love y'all 
Las quiero
Hermana Moore 

SERVICE- CLEANING COP CARS

No comments:

Post a Comment