Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I HIT MY ONE YEAR MARK THIS WEEK!
I'M A GRANDMA NOW!!
THIS WAS OUR "CRAP IT'S ALREADY FRIDAY AND WE HAVEN'T TAKEN ANY PICTURES" !!!

We had 2 lessons this week in the Plumb's home with the new couple I've mentioned before . In the first lesson, we reviewed The Restoration and the importance of the Book of Mormon. Our 2nd lesson we taught the Plan of Salvation. They've started reading BOM on their own! I LOVE them! Little background...He is a track runner, super funny guy. She is a darling little red head, who speaks Spanish! And has a super southern accent, so spunky and sweet. And together they make the greatest couple ever. We stop by to read with them or just to check in and we've grown to love them so much. She has a 4 year old that came to one of the lesson with us as well. At the end of the lesson we all knelt in prayer, I peeked during it, and it was the HAPPIEST sight to see this family praying together.  We want this for them so much! Something awesome about the Plumbs is that they both are so bold. There is so much conviction behind their testimonies and they have helped us so so much. MEMBER MISSIONARIES ARE THE BEST KIND. ;) hint..hint..

We went on exchanges this week. I stayed in Russellville with Sister Mendicino. I meant to get a picture..I really failed at pictures this week. 

We helped Amber put together her nursery for baby Ellowyn! We are down to 1 month until baby is here! 
 
AMBER'S HOUSE HELPING WITH DECORATIONS

It has been over 70 degrees the last couple days and the humidity is already coming back! It's kinda fun that it isn't cold anymore. But it means that the gosh darn bugs are back. Scars on scars on scars. 

We are starting to teach Gerald's girlfriend! 

A highlight from one lesson we taught a couple this week: normally I don't bring up temples or sealings in the first lesson. It usually leads to lots of questions that are hard to answer without them having the basic knowledge of the Restoration. Normally we would bring up eternal families but wouldn't ever go into any more detail than that. So it was pretty clear that when I started talking about temples and being sealed with the priesthood that those thoughts did not come from my head! But turns out, that's what interested her the most. She loved the idea of getting married in temples! We showed them some pictures of temples and it's definitely what sparked her attention. That whole scripture on "your mouth will be filled" yes it's the coolest thing. It's happening all the time, but those experiences where I really recognize it are just the best! 

We had zone conference, Searcy, North Little Rock and Little Rock zones all were together. We received instruction from President, Sister Wakolo and the AP's. We came a little late so the last seats available were the ones front and center. Lately we all have been working on memorizing scripture references in both the Bible and BOM for all the doctrinal points. Then at meetings it's public humiliation time, and for each lesson one of us lucky souls gets to recite the scripture points in front of the entire world basically.  So as AP Cunningham was calling out people randomly to do the recitations I immediately knew being front and center I was going to be one of those lucky souls.  I got called up to do L4 -_- the longest one. Everyone gave me that smug "sucks to be you" grin. Haha so lame. Luckily I had the feeling that morning to study them so I came prepared. And now I'm clear for the rest of my mission probably. :) Never again. 

I could go on and on about all the good instruction, but that doesn't mean a whole lot to y'all. So I'll spare ya the deets. 

While teaching we use Galatians 5:22-23 a loooooot. Everyone has a little different version of what the spirit is (depending on religion) but I feel like this scripture effectively explains how we can feel the spirit. 

"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith.
Meekness, temperance..."
 
I've come to learn that the lack of a bad feelings is often how the spirit feels for me. Just being content and at peace with life. Nothing overwhelmingly awesome but nothing bad either. That's how I feel lately. Just at peace. I know that we have a Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me perfectly and that He isn't an untouchable being, but I can have a personal relationship with Him. I know He sent my Big Brother to take on my failures and struggles. I feel them carrying me through the days here and guiding the work. Some days I can't wrap my mind around how incredibly blessed I am to have been born in the gospel, and I know He has a plan for all of us, and being here serving this mission was certainly part of His plan for me. 

I wanted to end with this bomb scripture President closed with at Zone Conference

"For behold, I do not require at their hands to fight the battles of Zion, for, as I said in a former commandment, even so will I fulfill- I will fight your battles." 

Te quiero
Love y'all
  

PS. Lewis called and said her mom met one of my cousins? Who was it?? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment