Monday, January 25, 2016

 DON'T SEND ME MINTS :) ...OR GUM!!!
THE CAKE PLACE
So transfers. DRUM ROLL PLEASE...........I get another one in Russellville!! =) And I'm staying with Mac!!  #SOBLESSED.

 
So you know how it’s against the rules to chew gum in public as a missionary? As a replacement we use mints. Well while we blitzed in Little Rock a couple weeks ago we didn't have time for dinner, so my dinner was a bunch of those mints and it made me so sick and ever since I haven't been able to eat any more of them. So in between lessons or after lunch or something I would just chew gum in the car. Which again, it’s kind of a foreign thing now. So I've been so excited about gum again, that I got super distracted and I also was jammin to Piano Guys that I completely ran a red light. And it didn't hit me until I was in the middle of the intersection. It was quite terrifying, but I had it comin for me because I probably just shouldn't chew gum. (Dad always used to tease me that "I can't walk and chew gum at the same time" :/) What made this even funnier is at the end of this week we were looking through photos we took during the week and Mac got 2 videos of me chomping away on my gum like a cow and so we have a nice little reminder that I really just need to stop chewing gum. haha yikes. But I'm also not about to eat those mints again anytime soon. Any ideas? 


It was a bit crazy because now Spanish sacrament is at the same time as English so we have to split. Hermana Mac was in Spanish so she could play the piano and I was in English helping with an investigator's kiddos. They were not used to sitting still through a sacrament meeting :/. They stayed for all 3 hours though and loved primary! She seemed to like it too! 

This week and this upcoming transfer we really want to work on establishing the ward a little better. The ward has grown so much in the last few years that people aren't as close anymore so we are doing our best to build friendships within the ward and making sure everyone feels loved and needed. 
 
KATIE

I forgot to mention last week that Jaime got the Melchesidek priesthood! And he and Daniela have taken all of their temple classes already! Woohoo! Oh and Veronica, her husband, Aurellio, and Marium in the Spanish branch went through the temple Saturday!! 

We hit and even exceeded the Standard of Excellence this week! 2 to church, 2 with a date, 5 member presents, and 5 new gators. It’s a goal president set for the mission, that we should be hitting SOE every week. We've come close lots but this week we finally hit and even surpassed it! 

On Wednesday we had a worldwide broadcast from Salt Lake City for all the missionaries. We heard around 6 General Authorities talk on points in Preach My Gospel. The "theme" I guess you could call it is "Preach Repentance, Baptize Converts." Elder Bednar spoke to us about following the spirit in lessons. He reminded us that the only thing that can convert anyone is the spirit. No matter how strong my testimony is or how big my faith I cannot convert anyone.  I think I've gone into too many lessons with the mindset of "ok I'm going to say all of these things, and the spirit will back me up." When it needs to be the other way around. He also talked to us about worthiness, which is sometimes overwhelming because there are 10x more rules that missionaries can break haha. But what was real cool, after we were taught and discussed about this, when we left the meeting Hermana Macfarlane felt SO guided throughout the whole day. Someone would come to mind and we would go try to see them and we would catch them just in time. Every house we went to they were home and we got to teach. It was awesome! 

One of the families we found was a young newlywed DARLING couple. And I hardly know them but I love them already. And I pray when we go back they don't drop us because it'll break my heart. They are gems. 

Back to the broadcast...Elder Anderson spoke on keeping Christ on our lips. Always testifying of Him. 
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Pretty intense to think about. If I confess and testify of the Savior then He will plead for me before God. However He can't plead for me if He doesn't know me. 

Which led me to Mosiah 26
24 For behold, in my name are they called; and if they know me they shall come forth, and shall have a place eternally at my right hand.
25 And it shall come to pass that when the second trump shall sound then shall they that never knew me come forth and shall stand before me.
26 And then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, that I am their Redeemer; but they would not be redeemed.
27 And then I will confess unto them that I never knew them; 

How do I "know" Him? I live His doctrine. What is His doctrine? --> faith, repentance, baptism, receive the Holy Ghost, endure to end. 
 
DINNER WITH BETH AND GEN 
Elder Oaks concluded the broadcast and made a pretty bold statement that I wanted to summarize. He said that every church and even human has something righteous and Godly to offer. We do not condemn other churches for their beliefs because they have lots of truth and are working their way towards heaven. However, only through the Doctrine of Jesus Christ do we gain the heaven that God wants for us. If we are not living according to the principals and ordinances of the Doctrine of Christ fully, then we are preparing ourselves for a telestial kindgom. Which is great! But we know that we can have so much more. 
 
And thus we saw the glory of the celestial, which excels in all things-Where God, even the Father, reigns upon his throne forever and ever.
  
Love y'all
Te quiero 

Hermana Moore 
PS Don't send me mints :) ..or gum. 
BERNIE KEPT GIVING US HER STUFFED ANIMALS AND WE KEPT SNEAKILY PUTTING THEM BACK BUT SHE WOULD CATCH US AND GET SO MAD! SO NOW WE HAVE NEW STUFFED ANIMALS!
SO WE'VE HEARD OF THIS NEW APP AND SAM HADN'T USED IT YET SO WE THOUGHT WE'D GIVE IT A TRY. SAM HAS BRONCHITIS BUT WE MADE HER DO SOMETHING RANDOM AND COPIED HER. AND JOE WAS GIVING US A LIST OF THINGS HE HAS TO DO AT HIS WORK SO WE MADE HIM TURN IT INTO A RAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment