Monday, November 9, 2015

YEP, I'M IN DANVILLE NOW!!!
HERMANA MACFARLANE

Well the biggest Novermber miracle so far is that I was taken from my home and Mom (Hermana Lewis) and I are still alive. Yep, I'm in Danville now!

OUR COMPANIONSHIPS SWITCHED

We got a call Tuesday morning during studies from the AP's...which we knew right off the bat that that was a bad sign. And yep I was told that I was transferred. It didn't take us long for us to find out I would be going to Danville. I was fine for the most of the day. I packed (I had to buy a bucket from Wal-Mart because I have too much stuff now!) and went out to eat lunch and had appointments to be to. I felt ready for a new adventure and was trying to be strong all day...and then that night it hit me and since I was told last minute that I was leaving I didn't have much time to say goodbye to anyone. So I only saw a handful of families...I was heartbroken. 
AMBER AND JAKE
BRAGG FAMILY
VERONICA
MADDY
DANIELA, JAMIE & ELIZABETH 
(SAYING GOODBYE TO THIS FAMILY IS WHEN I LOST IT. I WASN'T EVEN THEIR ORIGINAL MISSIONARIES AND IT WAS SO INCREDIBLE THE LOVE THEY SHOWED ME. DANIELA SAID A BEAUTIFUL PRAYER AND WE GAVE LOTS OF HUGS. AND THEN NEXT SUMMER WHEN I GET HOME...SALT LAKE TEMPLE:) I LOVE THEM.)

Sam Smith came and hung out with us at the apartment for a little bit and came with ice cream and we chatted and reminisced. 
 SAM SMITH

None of the missionaries have a lot of sympathy though, everyone kept saying "yea welcome to the mission you greenies, this is how everyone else feels every transfer." haha It was pretty amazing that we lasted 5 transfers so I can't complain. It's just weird being with someone 24/7 and then all of a sudden they are just gone! All I knew of my mission was Russellville with Lewis! 
ALL HERMANAS (MINUS 2) AT TRANSFERS
SOME OF THE SPANISH GANG - "LA RAZA"!

So here is a little memorial of Lewis & I:
-Our tornado alarm going off at 3 in the morning and so we both decided to unplug it-rather die in a tornado than get woken up by that thing ever again. haha we hate that thing.
-After recording miles at the end of the night one of us always forgets to turn off the car light...every.single.time.
-Frogs and cockroaches greeting us when we come home at night
-Powerade Slushies from Sonic after sports night
-We went through a ridiculous amount of Raisin Bran in the last 7 months. We had our Monday Wal-Mart grocery shopping routes down to a science. 
-Her jaw pops when she eats
-She loves brushing her teeth
-every night before going to bed we'd say "te quiero, buenas noches"
-belting T-Swift on bike week
-Holding our breath on 16th St because it smelled like dead armadillo
-Being so lost in Spanish Sunday School...finding seats in the back and keeping our heads down so we wouldn't get called on. haha
-An incredible amount of illegal U-turns to avoid having to back each other
-her soft snore that I've gotten used to haha
-Sharing each other’s clothes...2 closets was the best
-She still gets lost in Russellville.I'd have to direct her everywhere
-Our Memphis road trips blasting music and telling stories
-Running every morning-she had to be on the right side
-After long exchanges we would each go buy a pint of Ben and Jerry's "Tonight Dough" and eat the entire thing in the target parking lot. 
-She hates my lancer blanket because it’s huge and I had to take it everywhere 
-Counting all of our bug bites (knock on wood but the day I left they got bed bugs, hahah. I don’t think they came here with us!) 
-Freddo's was our favorite frozen yogurt place...always finding excuses to go
-laughing our pants off of videos that Char sent
And so so much more 
I love Lewis. She is a lifelong friend I found on my mission. 


But good news is my new companion Hermana Mcfarland is the best too! I'm follow up training her, she has only been out 6 weeks. (And technically she is follow up training me...so we are each other’s "dads") she is from cedar hills! And what’s way fun is she is so much like Olivia! Sometimes she says or does something and I'm like AHHH ITS LIV! haha 
 MAC AND I

So yep I'm in Danville. It’s tinsy. Danville has the population of 2,409. It's only about 30 miles from Russellville so I didn't go too far! Our boundaries touch and in fact Bishop Stokes used to be the branch President here! So there are a lot of connections between the two which has been fun for me. At church this Sunday Bishop Stokes mom was here in the Danville branch. It felt so good to see a familiar face! It was hard to work so hard in Russellville and really get things cranking to come to a new area and relearn everything. It felt like a slow week since I'm trying to meet everyone and get settled into the work here. What is real cool though it right now they are in the process of really pushing this branch to turn into a ward. They are getting real close and it’s fun to be here at this time and play a big part in the urgency right now! 

 Oh man y’all will get a kick out of this...there are a small handful of Spanish families here in the Danville area..and since its all one branch..I have to TRANSLATE! I sit in the very back with my headphones on and talk into a microphone and they have their little headphones on too and listen to me. Oh my gosh...I was so nervous. For prayers and church vocabulary stuff I'm fine for the most part..but of course this week they talked about veterans and military and wars and all sorts of crazy vocabulary that missionaries don't use! =/ I kept apologizing and just had to summarize and sit in silence quite a bit..haha so embarrassing. It'll be a big learning experience though :/ I'm also supposed to be teaching poor Hermana Macfarlane this language..her first trainer was fluent in Spanish so I'm definitely a down grade. haha I need the gift of tongues X10. 

Another fun part about Danville is that there is a senior couple here! The Brooksbys! At first I was a little unsure what to expect working with them, but it’s actually been real good! They cook for us and take us out to eat and drive us when we don't want to use our miles. They also are sweet member presents for us! ha And its real helpful because they mostly focus on less actives and when they find investigators they give them to us. And they do funny things like leave their car blinker on for a really long time and get in little arguments about what restaurant to eat at that keep Macfarlane and me laughing. haha 

Monday night back in Russellville we contacted Wendy, she was found during the Russellville blitz and we couldn't get a hold of her. It actually was a cool story; she had been in the shower praying for an experience that would help her feel God, and then the missionaries knocked on her door. She has felt disconnected with God for the last 4 years and didn’t know why she couldn't feel Him anymore. She has felt extremely alone and depressed. I felt an immediate connection with Wendy and it broke my heart to leave her. She was so receptive and recognized that missionaries were a sign God was watching over her. She admitted that for a while she was ignoring us and didn't want to answer the door but was so surprised that we wouldn't give up on her, she was in tears when she saw that we remembered her name and told her that for some reason God kept wanting us to come back. Which was the truth, normally when people don't answer a certain amount of times we eventually stop going by, but we kept being led back to her door. I'm sad I don't get to watch her progress. But it was an incredible experience for me. It was one of those moments where you feel overwhelmed with your calling as a missionary. It’s a humbling feeling, and a huge reminder that God is in control, and that the spirit is directing us even when we don't realize it. 

Not sure if y’all remember but back in August I sent a picture of us next to a lake at a baptism! It was a Nix family baptism, and they are in this branch! So I've met this family a few times and we know each other fairly well already. The parents were baptized this summer; they have 6 kids with one on the way! They are an incredibly spiritual family, and they have an 8 & 9 year old that we are teaching and preparing for baptism right now! 
 ZIPPY AND ANGEL NIX

I don't doubt that God wants me here, and it’s been comforting to have those little moments where I truly feel like I'm in the right place. In my setting apart blessing I was told that I am put in a place where I can make a difference. Although I didn't feel quite ready to leave Russellville I still feel that I've been placed in Danville at this time to be able to make a difference. 

Love y’all
Te quiero
THE EASTMANS 
(THEY HAD ME GET ALL GEARED UP IN ARKANSAS STUFF. HAHA THEY ARE HUGE FANS!)


No comments:

Post a Comment