Monday, August 17, 2015

SI ROBERTSON HAS A TWIN!
 WE GOT TO DRIVE PRESIDENT'S CAR AND WE WERE PRETTY STOKED!
 SO MANY CAR SELFIES LATELY!
This week's highlights:

President invited us to come to Little Rock and help invite in the new missionaries! We had around 28 come in and only 7 left, so we opened up new areas and our mission is the biggest it’s been for a while! Exciting! We got to do a little "ice breaker" activity with them, do role plays, and help with the orientation. That night we all went to the mission home and got to eat a mission home meal #blessed! President instructed and we all bore testimonies and the AC went out so 40 people in one living room with no AC was real sweaty. The next morning we were up early, helped sister Wakolo cook breakfast and got everyone ready for transfers! Lots of changes made! A new Hermana area opened up in Monticello! All the Hermanas were switched around, only Lewis and I stayed together #soblessed.  They white washed Russellville Spanish elders so we have some new faces! It's a good thing I'm still here, I was not ready to say goodbye. And now I'll be here for my birthday and for Amber’s wedding!!
 THE MISSION HOME
NEW BABY SISTERS
Our ward missionary in the English ward is remodeling her rental home so we've been over a few times this week to help out. I'm proud to report that I now know how to hang doors and change out door handles.=) the power drill ain't got nothin on me! 

So y’all know Si Robertson from Duck Dynasty? Well he has a twin named Robert Ashely and he lives in Russellville Arkansas and I had dinner with him this week. haha I've talked about him before, but this week I have a picture to prove it! He is Si's twin! He talks and acts the exact same too, it blows my mind! Sister Ashely makes some of the best food, it’s always a treat to be over with this fam. I can't say it enough; this ward takes such good care of us. 
 
We are working with part member families real well right now, the only bummer is it takes time to see the fruits of our labors with this. We are still gathering information and trying to track down more part member families and information on them, and then trying to get a hold of them has been time consuming. It requires a lot of effective planning which has been good for us. Right now we have no dates set and it has me on edge. haha its been a while since we've had 0 dates set. We are trying to set a few with gators right now, but they aren't keeping commitments so it’s been a process. 

We were celebrating Katie's one year baptism date with cupcakes, one thing lead to another and then all of a sudden Lewis was being peer pressured into shoveling 4 cupcakes in her mouth at once..and she totally did it. hahaha Mom is the real MVP. I have a video of it too..enjoy. 

We held a first ever Spanish Missionaries conference call. Lewis and I instructed on diligence. It's a little odd to be instructing over the phone, but it was cool to unite as Spanish missionaries. We are the "hunters" of the mish. (Jeremiah 16:16) There are a little over 20 Spanish missionaries in ALRM right now. Proud to be a part of them =)
 
Okay so the main thing I wanted to write about this week was President Wakolo. Friday we had a leadership conference with President. I wish there were words to explain how great of a man he is but I want to share a few cool things about president with y’all.

1. First off, every time he speaks with us at any sort of meeting he starts with "Elders and Sisters, I rejoice with you in the gospel of Jesus Christ, we thank you for what you do but mostly we thank you for who you are." (in deep Fijian accent) 
2. Every time he bares his testimony he thanks and expresses his love for sister Wakolo and cries. Every time without fail. This past week he said "first, I publicly declare my love and appreciation for my Savior Jesus Christ, and right behind him I publicly declare my love and appreciation for my wife, Sister Wakolo. He loves her so much and it’s such an example for all of us missionaries. 
3. In my eyes he has every reason in the world to be prideful, yet he is the most humble man I have ever met. God, Jesus Christ, and his wife get all the glory. 
4. Something I know for certain, President Wakolo does not fear man, he only fears God. He does everything the way God wants them done. This sounds so much better with his accent but this week he also said "If God needs me to do something and I do it, and that person doesn't like me, I think that’s just great!" He truly does not care what man thinks, it is clear that he only reports to his Heavenly Father and he lives accordingly. He said "Fear of God is my priority!" 
5. Being able to be in the mission home lately we have seen sightings of him, thinking no one is watching, telling his daughter Jasmine how much he loves her. He is true in the darkness, and humble in the spotlight.  
7. Because of the Fijian culture and before he was baptized he had a tribal tattoo on his hand. When he found out as members of the church we weren't suppose to have tattoos he literally cut his tattoo out by himself. And there is a sweet scar to prove it! 
8. Within the first year of his membership in the church he was called as a branch president. 
9. At this leadership meeting he shared some pieces of his patriarchal blessing with us, and it was some of the most powerful minutes of my mission. 
10. He truly loves all 200 of his kids out here and it is so evident. 

 Wakolo Wise Words
-"As leaders do not let them see fear in you, only faith."

- "When I am on the Lords side, I will always be victorious." 

-"Get rid of the barnacles now, they are slowing you down. "

-"It is a great thing to be rebuked! I think that’s just great!" 

-"Satan was successful because Eve was alone. NEVER BE ALONE." #compunity

-"The unseen things that I do, tells me who I am."

-"Casual=Casualties"

-"Find, Teach, Baptize, Retain, Reactivate, EVERYDAY EVERYDAY EVERYDAY"

I'll be sending a vid of cute president’s voice, so y’all can picture him a little better. 

We were hoping that it'd start cooling down since fall is right around the corner, turns out that doesn't happen until October. Darn :( 

Oh also a miracle at church yesterday- a brother in the Ward introduced us to his fiancé and she wants to be baptized! He wants us to teach her the lessons this week! It was her first time at church and she really liked it! The only bummer is right now she currently lives in Fort Smith which isn't in our mission. So the missionaries there may be teaching her but we have an appointment this week with her so hopefully all goes well! We've been frustrated because we haven't been able to set dates and see a ton of progression with gators lately. It was a cool reminder that as long as we continue to work hard and be obedient God will bring those miracles to us. The mish life is the good life. :) 

All is well and life is good

Love y’all! 

Les quiero muchísimo

TAUGHT THE SUNBEAMS. THEY ALL SETTLED DOWN AND WATCHED AN "I AM A CHILD OF GOD" VIDEO. THEN GREYSON DID THIS RIGHT ALONG WITH THE BEAT. HAHA SO NAUGHTY!

SISTER ARCE AND I HAVE BECOME WAY GOOD FRIENDS. I LOVE HER!

LAS HERMANAS!
TESTER, BENNET, YO, MOM, HERNANDEZ, HUDSON, PONCE, SIPPLE
(MISSING 2 FROM THE MEMPHIS SIDE)



WE WENT TO GET SNOW CONES AS OUR LAST DISTRICT ACTIVITY!



IF LEWIS WAS A BLOND! HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment