Monday, August 3, 2015

I'M JUST HAPPY TO BE A MISSIONARY!
LONG WEEK. but it's AUGUST?! I can't believe it!

Tuesday: We were able to teach Amanda finally, she is Sister Carnathan’s friend. Super cute family. She had come and picked us up and on our way home after the lesson she wanted to show us how her little girl knew all the words to "Bad Blood" by Taylor Swift. Yes I was a total apostate because I didn't have it in me to tell her not to turn on music. So I TOTALLY GOT TO HAVE A 30 SECOND JAM SESH TO TAYLOR SWIFT. Instantly in the best mood ever. 
CARNARTHAN GIRLS
Tuesday night Katie drove us to Conway. We stayed the night with the STLs there. We love sleepovers =) 
Wednesday: Woke up at 4:30 to be ready and in Little Rock by 6:00. And from there we piled in the transfer van and the AP's drove us to Memphis. In the morning we had a leadership meeting and discussed some things for the mission and made new goals and such. Then we all got to do a temple session together! Felt so good to be back. I could have sat in the celestial room forever. It was good to have "me" time when I could just ask questions that I needed. I had a ton of questions and couldn't really think of everything in an organized way so I just asked that I could feel his love for me and man he delivered immediately. I instantly just felt so warm and at complete peace. It was a real good recharger for me. I know without a doubt that we have a Heavenly Father that loves us so much. That peace that he brings is just a prayer away always.  
Thursday: We had exchanges. I was in Danville with Sister Sipple. Danville is equivalent to Vernal. It’s real small, and for the first 3 hours we walked all over in the blazing sun. By the end of those 3 hours on foot we had seen every square inch of Danville pretty much. haha Katie has family in that area and that is where the missionaries found her, so Katie is there quite a bit and she came and took us to see her family. Long story short there is a little boy, Cayden, 8 years old, who is staying at Katie's grandparent’s house right now. He was just in a car accident with his dad, and his dad passed away. This was just like 2 weeks ago. Cayden is still recovering from his injuries and coping with the loss of his only parent. The first thing he told me when he met me was "my dad died" Broke my heart.  He is such a sweetheart and is trying to be so strong. We talked with him for a little while and said a prayer with him. The spirit that is in that home is so so strong it’s unbelievable. There are so many angels in there watching over that little boy, it had me in tears just talking to him. I gained a strong testimony that God does send his angels to administer to us and we are NEVER left alone. Also how blessed we are to know that because of Christ, there is no such thing as "the end." 
 Friday: After we exchanged back we had enough time to weekly plan then met up with Katie and the Danville Hermanas and all headed to Little Rock for the 40th Mission Reunion. We all crammed in Katie's car and had way too much energy. We aren't used to "going out" on Friday nights. haha I felt like I was in High School again for a night and I loved it! The Reunion was pretty boring honestly but it’s always fun to see everyone. It didn't end until 9:30, and afterwards we went and got food and didn't get home till a little after midnight. Lack of sleep this week for sure. 

Saturday: Finally back proselyting in my own area! I hadn't actually taught in Russellville since Tuesday! It was good to be home. Also Lewis sat in dog pee at one of our appointments. hahahaha she had to go home and change afterwards. hahaha 

Sunday: Before sacrament we went over to Rafael's to reinvite him to church. His kids didn't want to come and he didn't want to get them ready so after a lot trying to do all we can to get him there he still shut us down. We were heartbroken =( We didn't have any gators to church this week but our retention is still solid so that’s good. After we broke our fast we went over and raided Katie's kitchen. Poor Katie 
We are really working on finding part member families and working with them. We have been struggling lately because with exchanges and the temple trip and everything we aren't able to see our gators as much as we usually do. People are progressing slowly. And this week we will be blitzing Memphis area for a good 2 or 3 days so that’s more time out of Russellville :/ its hard but it'll work out. Also transfers are already coming up, gosh dang it I feel like we just dodged those. 

I've decided that if Lewis and I save MSF for a couple months we could purchase a Burley for our bikes and take turns pulling each other. hahaha remember those things?? Except now that it’s a new month our miles are renewed #blessed. 

This week we also found out that we were saying some things in our Spanish prayers wrong. NO ONE cared to inform us on this so now we are trying to retrain our brains and fix the grammar we have been doing wrong for months now!  How embarrassing. 

1. Taylor, my daughter, blessed are you because of your faith in my work. 
2. I will bless you and your family, yea, your little ones; and the day cometh that they will believe and know the truth and be one with you in my church. 
3. Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.
6. Behold, verily I say unto you, go from them (family) for a little time, and declare my word, and I will prepare a place for them. 
7. Yea, I will open the hearts of the people and they will receive you. And I will establish a church by your hand. 
8. And you shall strengthen them and prepare them against the time when they shall be gathered. 
9. Be patient in afflictions, revile not against those that revile. Govern your house in meekness, and in steadfast.
12 Pray always
13. Be faithful unto the end, and lo, I am with you. These words are not of man nor of men, but of me, even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, by the will of the Father. Amen.

I'm just happy to be a missionary. 


Love Y’all 

P-DAY ACTIVITIES - "SPOONS!"

AND THEN SPOONS GOT BORING SO WE PLAYED "ULTIMATE SPOONS!"


   WITH BILLIE AT THE NURSING HOME

  ROAD TRIPPIN
 







No comments:

Post a Comment