Tuesday, September 29, 2015

"THIS IS THE LAST ONE!"
(TRANSFER DAY)


How is September almost over?! The weeks are just getting faster and faster. It's madness. First off I have to apologize about the quote I sent last week because for some reason I didn't finish it..and it’s bothered me all week. Sorry about that. 

Transfers- Yep we survived another :) During transfers President came up to us and said "This is the LAST ONE!" The AP's let it slip that originally they had me training in Memphis but made the switch back =) #blessed. We have a new Elder in Russellville now, Elder Hughes from Vernal.  We got 2 new baby Hermanas in the mish!  One went to Memphis and the other is in a trio in Danville! Super excited to have more! There are 11 of us now! And also this transfer President called "impact Elders." Two of the best Elders in the mission basically live out of the car and travel around to companionships who are struggling with the work. We have some high goals for the month of October and November so hopefully the impact Elders can get our butts into gear. 

We had a leadership meeting on Wednesday in Little Rock. Something I have definitely learned on my mission is being able to come to meetings or church or whatever it is ready to learn and willing to change. Letting the spirit rebuke me on things I've been doing wrong and then applying what I'm learning and change it. We've been bad at correcting disobedience, it’s everywhere, and President kind of threw down on not fearing man and doing our job as leaders. We are trying to figure out that balance on how to correct things without coming off like jerks. It’s been a challenge. We discussed being all on the same page as leaders, and aligning our "vision." Increased vision brings increased motivation. 

Proverbs29:18, “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.”  

Hermana Lewis and I took a bagillion notes and took rebuke after rebuke haha. There are so many changes to be made, and we are currently compiling a good list of everything we need to do better in exchanges and what not. My mission has made me more teachable. 
My favorite part:  President Wakolo loves using the line "sweet is the work" especially when things go bad. So he said- There will be missionaries who just don't like you, and will treat you poorly and I would advise you to walk up to them and give them a big hug...and whisper into their ear, "sweet is the work." hahahaha

I've learned that even for little things, little setbacks, things I'm doing wrong, or things I could be doing better all I have to do is repent and then start over and everything is fine! I wish I understood this better before my mission. Change. 
"Be willing to Put on new", Ephesians 4:22-24
"Put on Christ", Galatians 3:27
"Feel the change", Alma 5:26 


So in the middle of this meeting, we all were eating lunch and President comes up to us and tells us that we need to come to the same meeting the next day in Memphis. We didn't want to go all the way back to Russellville to pack, and we didn't have rides to do so, so we left with Sister Arce and Zent, and they took us to the grocery store to buy toothbrushes and deodorant and we got dropped off at the Little Rock Hermana’s apartment for the night. (I've become an absolute pro at sleeping on the floor) Hermana Lewis and I ended up just switching outfits and got up at 5:00 the next morning and we rode over to Memphis with the APs. We were greasy and stinky but it worked out. Crazy couple days! But #blessed because there is a Panda Express in Tennessee. haha (or as Dad calls it "dog food express") haha

Oh yea we finally saw Chase this week- did I mention he slammed the door in our face last week? -_- he was having a rough day and after 3 weeks of not seeing him it completely broke our heart but he is better now! He finished the Book of Mormon! And said it helped him a lot.  But he refuses to pray about it because he wants to "leave it as a mystery" -_- Yea trust me I know, it’s just how Chase works. He has a friend in France and plans to move to France within the next couple weeks so we will see what can be done in the short time we got. He just likes to be difficult. 
 (CHASE!  AND GRACE CAME TEACHING WITH US AGAIN!)

Women’s Broadcast! I could go on forever about this! First off President Uchdorf was brilliant! He taught like the scriptures! Everyone listened to the same talk, but walked away with something a little bit different. I loved how he said "God didn't design us to be sad." This week Denver and Lauren were teaching their dad the Plan of Salvation and when we got to the earth picture they said "Oh this is the time to learn to be happy!" God just wants us to be happy! That’s why he's given us the Gospel. If I take advantage of what He has given me there is no way I can be sad. Everyone says "my mission was the hardest 18 months/2 years of my life, and obviously there are plenty of reasons missions are hard, but now I'm fully living the gospel of Jesus Christ and I'm so unbelievably happy.
 (WOMEN'S BROADCAST DINNER WITH THE WARD)
(I WAS TRYING TO BE SNEAKY AND GET A VIDEO OF DENVER AND LAUREN. THIS WAS THE BEST I GOT. HAHA) 

Mosiah 2:41 “And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God.”

Fun stuff-
-We had a Sunday BBQ (carne asada) with Spanish branch!
-We've already burned through our entire fall candle we bought for my birthday  our house smells like pumpkin cheesecake 
-WE DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO TODAY SO WE ARE GOING TO SLEEP ALL DAY LONG
-No one came to church again this week #sofun
-My new favorite food is pumpkin frozen yogurt and cottage cheese with Apple sauce 
-We found some solid new Spanish gators this week #bendiciones 
-At the leadership meeting we were taught etiquette and how to cut our food and how to eat slow so that "our souls can connect with their souls" hahahaha
-The families we are working with are still doing so well! They just need to find time to come to church :/ something last minute always pops up. But we are hoping to spend a session of conference with each of them this weekend for conference! 

Enjoy conference this week Y’all! 

Love y’all
Les quiero 

(SYDNEE CAME BACK FROM BYU FOR THE WEEKNED! THIS IS PAM AND SYDNEE STOKES; BISHOP'S FAMILY)

 (SOME BIRTHDAY PICS THAT I FORGOT TO SEND)

No comments:

Post a Comment